The 2016 Travel Hacker Guide announced KAYAK, the world’s leading travel search engine. The guide is an interactive resource full of data-driven insights and hacks and provides the When, Where and How to travel in 2016.
The 2016 Guide was curated by KAYAK‘s team of data scientists and travel experts who analyzed the site’s more than one billion annual searches to identify key insights on where to go and when to book to make travel planning easier. The Guide also includes useful information, median hotel costs and average temperature and precipitation by month for each destination.
The 2016 Travel Hacker Guide reveals the following:
• Vegas took the number one spot on the Top 10 Most Popular Destinations. Sin City dethroned NYC, the #1 most popular destination in 2015.
• Asia dominates the Top 10 Luxury for Less Destinations list with six featured cities across China, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, and Thailand.
• It doesn’t require a long flight to get to one of the Top 10 Trending Beach Destinations. East Coasters can opt for San Juan, Barbados or Curacao, while those on the West Coast might consider one of the two Hawaiian Islands on the list.
• If you’ve been considering a trip to the Far East, now might be the time. Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Beijing are among the Top 10 Deal Destinations seeing the greatest decrease in airfare since last year.
• London and Cancun are among the Top Ten Most Popular Family Destinations and offer good news for procrastinators: these international hotspots don’t require significant lead-time to score a deal. KAYAK data shows the best airfares were found a month before departure for both destinations.
• More than half of the Top 10 Trending Destinations are European cities. Spain tops the list with Barcelona and Madrid seeing the greatest increase in interest from travelers.