Outdoor scavenger hunt called Travel Wisconsin’s “Road to Fall Fun” from Thursday, Sept. 17 through Sunday, Oct. 18 announced from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism. The five-week-long hunt includes secret locations in five county parks and forests, moving from north to south to follow the wave of fall color. The grand prize in week five includes a special tie-in to the Travel Wisconsin fall TV spot starring Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson.
• Week One – Sept. 17-20: The Wisconsin Wanderer. Hiking-themed prize package with a 2016 Wisconsin State Parks pass, Coleman Tenaya Lake 8-person tent, North Face Banchee 35 L internal frame backpack, Coleman CPX 6 Rugged Personal Size Lantern and two Coleman River Gorge sleeping bags.
• Week Two – Sept. 24-27: The Wisconsin Trailblazer. Biking-themed prize package with a Trek 7.1 Series bike, Giro Indicator helmet, Insulated 24 oz. Polar water bottle and Topeak Modula bike bottle holder.
• Week Three – Oct. 1-4: The Wisconsin Paddler. Kayaking-themed prize package with Lifetime Tamarack 12 Angler kayak, Lifetime Lite Elite Two-Piece paddle, 9.5×16” Dry Tek dry bag, Body Glove adult life preserver, and Bell Adult Segment Multisport helmet.
• Week Four – Oct. 8-11: Wisconsin Angler. Fishing-themed prize package with Penn Fishing Defiance Conventional Combos rod and reel, Ready2Fish 136 Piece 3 Tray tackle box with tackle and line, and a day fishing excursion in northern Wisconsin with a Fred Brogle fishing guide.
• Week Five – Oct. 15-18: The Wisconsin Fanatic. Packers-themed grand prize package with replica ruby cleats autographed by Jordy Nelson; deluxe double shoe display case for the cleats; two tickets to the Miller Lite Party Lounge for the Packers vs. Vikings game on Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016; two tickets to “Inside the Huddle” to meet Jordy Nelson on a date TBD; and autographed Packers memorabilia.
How to participate:
A series of clues will be posted on TravelWisconsin.com every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday until that week’s prize is found. Clues can also be found on the Travel Wisconsin Facebook and Twitter pages. Participants should look for the picnic basket at the end of a “yellow brick road” containing instructions to claim the prize. Everyone is invited to post photos of themselves on the scavenger hunt using #roadtofallfun. Winners will be announced each week on TravelWisconsin.com and Travel Wisconsin’s Facebook and Twitter. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. citizen to claim a prize. There is no purchase necessary to enter. For a complete set of rules visit http://www.travelwisconsin.com/road-to-fall-fun/.
SOURCE:Wisconsin Department of Tourism/BussinesWire
PHOTO:Wisconsin Department of Tourism/ Pewitt’s Nest in Baraboo