“Tourism in Oregon is a $10.8 billion industry. Our industry directly generates more than 105,000 jobs in Oregon”
Sourced through Scoop.it from: industry.traveloregon.com
According to a recent report from Dean Runyan Associates:
- Visitors to Oregon generated $10.8 billion in revenue for the state in 2015. This is a 6.6% percent increase in spending in real dollars over 2014 and marked the sixth consecutive year of growth.
- Last year 27.7 million overnight visitors traveled to Oregon destinations, increasing hotel room demand across all of Oregon’s tourism regions by 4.8 percent.
- Domestic visitor air arrivals to Oregon grew 8.9 percent for the year.
- Travel-generated employment increased 4.1 percent over the prior year, resulting in 105,500 travel industry jobs across the state.
- Re-spending of travel-generated revenues by businesses and employees generates additional impacts. In 2015, these secondary impacts were equivalent to 54,800 jobs with earnings of $2.4 billion.
- The gross domestic product of the travel industry was $4.3 billion in 2015. Overall, the travel industry is one of the three largest export-oriented industries in rural Oregon counties.