Honduras Tourism will be the beneficiary of the the first Hyatt Place hotel located in the capital city of Tegucigalpa.The Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa brings the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere, and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings, to the Central American country.
Located in the financial center of the city at Paseo Los Proceres, the 126-room Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa is central to all of Tegucigalpa’s main attractions. The neighborhood is home to exclusive gated residential communities, the Novacentro shopping mall and the Embassy of the United States, among others. A number of other entertainment and business hubs are nearby, including restaurants, bars, cinemas, banks, and shopping centers. The hotel is less than five miles from Toncontin International Airport.
Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa offers:
• 126 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
• Free Wi-Fi everywhere
• 24/7 Gallery Menu with freshly prepared meals at any time of day
• Gallery Kitchen breakfast, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily that features freshly prepared regional specialties, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
• 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
• Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
• Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
• Meeting Places with 3,300 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
• 24-hour StayFit Gym featuring cardio equipment with LDC touchscreens and free ear buds
• A heated, rooftop outdoor pool and deck
Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa is the first of five Hyatt Place hotels that are set to open in Central America over the next three years under the relationship with the hotel owners LATAM Hotels Corp. Upcoming Hyatt Place hotel openings include locations in Managua, Nicaragua; Guatemala City, Guatemala; San Salvador, El Salvador; and a second hotel in Honduras in San Pedro Sula. Currently, Hyatt Place hotels in Latin America and the Caribbean are located in Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Chile, and Puerto Rico.
As the first Hyatt Place hotel in Honduras, the hotel commissioned a special artwork from renowned Honduran artist Santos Arzu Quioto. The result is an abstract work defined by the artist as “Cartography of Tegucigalpa,” and it reflects the colors and textures of the city of Tegucigalpa or “Cerro de la Plata” (Silver Mountain) as described in Spanish. The artwork hangs as the focal piece in the hotel’s Gallery area.
Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa is part of Hyatt’s loyalty program, Hyatt Gold Passport.
SOURCE:Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa/BussinesWire