The “Happy Traveler” travel guide released the Pennsylvania Tourism Office simultaneously with the first significant advertising campaign to feature the state’s new tourism mantra, Pursue Your Happiness.
The Happy Traveler offers a fresh take on the traditional travel guide and has been designed to highlight the wide variety of ways visitors can experience happiness in Pennsylvania. The guide features a vibrant cover comprised of real travelers’ photos, fun and sophisticated roundups, and in-depth editorial features.
“Pennsylvania offers an unmatched mix of history, vibrant small towns and natural resources second to none and we want everyone to know about it,” said Pennsylvania First Lady Frances Wolf. “The Happy Traveler is guaranteed to spark the pursuit of happiness – and travel – in Pennsylvania.”
The Happy Traveler Pennsylvania Travel Guide includes:
- A unique look at the commonwealth’s vibrant history, outdoor adventures, and cosmopolitan experiences;
- A feature story showcasing Pennsylvania’s national parks and historic sites as part of the National Park Service’s 100th anniversary;
- Icons which direct readers to their area of interest or passion, from adventurer and foodie to history buff or family attractions;
- “Keystoner” tips on how to experience off-the-beaten-path stops hidden gems;
- “A Happy Day” suggestion in each of the 11 tourism regions and signature events;
- For the first time, the guide includes interactive digital experiences accessible with the free mobile app, Layar. Pages marked with the Layar logo connect readers to videos and other exclusive content.
- A visual illustration of the spirit or personality of the Happy Traveler.
The Happy Traveler is available at visitPA.com or by calling 1-800-VISIT-PA. Pennsylvania visitors and residents are encouraged to explore the Happy Traveler content across the state’s social media platforms and share selfies of their favorite Pennsylvania adventures with the hashtag #PAHappySnaps for a chance to be featured on visitPA.com.
“The Happy Traveler inspires travelers to explore what matters most to them, whether they are here for a weekend getaway or an extended vacation. There’s a happy traveler in all of us,” said Carrie Fischer Lepore, Deputy Secretary of Marketing, Tourism, and Film at the Department of Community and Economic Development. “We are also connecting with potential travelers through a targeted digital advertising campaign consisting of online display, video, and radio.”
Pursue Your Happiness, which debuted in March, captures the spirit of the Keystone State, echoing the famous call to “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” that began with our nation’s Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia in 1776. It also says that in Pennsylvania, a vacation or getaway is an active, self-styled adventure – a pursuit.
The Pennsylvania Tourism Office, under the Department of Community and Economic Development, is dedicated to inspiring travel to Pennsylvania. For more information, go to visitPA.com or call (800) VISIT PA.
SOURCE Pennsylvania Tourism Office