The best ski resorts for families for the 2015-2016 season according to Family Vacation Critic, TripAdvisor’s family travel site based on a number of family – specific factors including special programs for kids, lessons and slopes for all ages and skill levels, and money-saving packages and promotions are the following:
• Okemo Mountain Resort – Ludlow, VT
Family Perk: Kids Night Out — a childcare program for ages 6 months to 6 years — and Kids’ Night Out X for ages 7 to 12 years, offering age-specific activities like pizza, movies, swimming and skating.
• Stratton Mountain Ski Resort – Stratton, VT
Family Perk: Group ski lessons for ages 3 to adult, customized by age group.
• Camelback Mountain Resort – Tannersville, PA
Family Perk: Ski and snowboard lessons, tubing, two terrain parks and a mountain coaster.
• Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort – Hancock, MA
Family Perk: Ski and snowboard lessons are available to kids ages 3 to 14, and include lunch and hot chocolate breaks.
• Beaver Creek Resort – Beaver Creek, CO
Family Perk: Beaver Creek Loves Kids and Beaver Creek Loves Teens programs for families, including pizza parties, arts and crafts, and mountain excursions.
• Badger Pass Ski Area – Yosemite National Park, CA
Family Perk: Badger Pups Downhill Ski/Snowboard Program includes two lessons for kids 4 to 6, and an All Day Kids Camp is available on holidays and weekends.
• Greek Peak Mountain Resort – Courtland, NY
Family Perk: Junior Ride and Ski School for kids as young as 3 years of age, and an on-site Youth Center with plasma TVs, an arcade and more.
• Smugglers’ Notch – Jeffersonville, VT
Family Perk: Lessons for all age groups, plus a FamilyFest Package that includes lodging, lift tickets, activities and more.
• Northstar California Resort – Truckee, CA
Family Perk: Teen Alley, with video games, music, movies and special events.
• Aspen/Snowmass Ski Resort – Snowmass Village, CO
Family Perk: New Kids Ski Free promotion for the 2015/2016 season, and a Very Important Kids program with free activities for kids and a meal discount for families.
SOURCE:Family Vacation Critic/PRNewswire