The top 5 Interesting Facts about New Year’s Eve according to MarketResearch.com the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services are the following:
1. The top three places in the U.S. to visit and celebrate New Year’s Eve are Las Vegas, Disney World, and New York City. Airbnb has more than 1 million reservations on New Year’s Eve, 2015, including approximately 47,000 reservations in New York City alone.
2. The biggest international celebration is in Sydney, Australia. This celebration includes more than 80,000 fireworks set off over Sydney Harbour Bridge, with more than 1 million people in attendance to watch the show!
3. More than 360 million glasses of sparkling wine are consumed during the holiday season, and it’s the biggest day for champagne consumption.
4. Only 50% of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, and 25% of those give up their resolutions by the second week in January. The top New Year’s resolutions include losing weight, eating healthier, exercising more, quitting smoking, sticking to a budget, saving money, getting more organized, finding a better job, and being a better person.
5. Not all celebrations end happily. More vehicles are stolen on New Year’s Day than any other holiday according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world’s most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends